web page hit counter
Butler Family: School has started!

Butler Family

Thursday, August 18, 2011

School has started!


This is a new time for us...the girls are in 1st grade this year, so they will be staying the full day (not the 1/2 day like they did in kindergarten). Because of this, they're riding the school bus home now! Since Phil works at home, this is a good solution for us (beats paying for aftercare for 1 hour).

It makes my day shorter, because for the first time in 10 years, I don't have to pick anyone up in the afternoons!

Callie was excited about the bus. She asked me, "Can I get off anywhere I want to?" Um, no!! :) I told her to stick with Josh and she'll be okay. Emma never even questioned where she got off! LOL Josh has been very protective of the girls and really wants to make sure the bus ride goes smoothly for them. He wrote each one of them a note on the first day reminding them which bus to get on. :)

He told them he would sit with them, too. Callie was concerned someone would make fun of him for sitting with 2 girls.

The first week is almost over and it looks like they're all settling in nicely. They all like their teachers (and I do too, so far).

This is Josh's last year at the Elementary school...next year, he'll be in middle school!! When did that happen?!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home