web page hit counter
Butler Family: Words the girls are saying (for the baby book)

Butler Family

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Words the girls are saying (for the baby book)

I thought I'd write down the words that I can remember that the girls are saying.

Callie is much more verbal than Emma (may have to do w/ the cleft), but Emma is much more introspective. Emma really studies things...Callie just bullies her way through life. She's like "Okay, I've done this, what's next?". Emma can spend an hour doing 1 task - Callie gets bored with it. Emma loves to draw! Callie loves to read.

Callie:
Josh (favorite word)
mama
daddy
duck
kack (quack)
door
cry (she says that every time she sees someone crying)
shoes
juice
socks
night night
bye bye
ball
me
dog
woof
moo
this
hi
cracker
cookie
outside
Emma (sometimes)
uh-oh
book
bee bee (baby)
block
bath
clock
teeth


Emma:
Mama
Emma
mall (ball)
night night
bye bye (sometimes comes out as my-my)
hi
uh-oh
nana (banana)

This is all that I can think of for now. As you can see, Callie speaks volumes. Callie tries to tell us stuff all the time - she talks constantly! One of these days, all of those sounds are going to come together and she's going to be talking in complete sentences. Emma will probably need some speech therapy in the next year or so, but we were expecting that (because of her cleft).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home