web page hit counter
Butler Family: Callie had an accident last night

Butler Family

Friday, September 22, 2006

Callie had an accident last night

I feel absolutely horrible!!

She was sitting at the dinner table in her booster seat (I HATE THOSE THINGS). Phil and I were both in the process of getting dinner on the table. I had given the girls some fruit to snack on while I was getting the rest of their supper ready (they were in major fuss mode).
Anyway, Callie all of a sudden falls out of her seat! I don't know if she tried to stand up or what, but Callie & the booster seat landed on the floor. She screamed and cried. I went over and got her and checked her out to see if there was anything visible. At first, I couldn't see anything.
As she calmed down, I saw that the right side of her face was pretty bruised (I couldn't tell that through the tears because her face gets all splotchy when she cries).

I finally got her calmed down and she was sitting on my lap when I was running my hands across her head to see if she had bumped it. Well, I guess she had because there was a little bit of blood on top of her head. Basically, it looked like she had been scalped (kind of a strong word) in one little place (maybe 1/2" round). I couldn't figure that one out - figured she may have just bumped her head on the table when she was standing back up.

Well, a little bit later, I found this little clump of hair on her shirt! I'm not positive, but I have a feeling the little bit of blood and scrape I found on her head was where this little clump of hair was pulled out. :(

I felt so horrible!!! She was so subdued through supper - although, she did eat.
After supper, I took the kids into the living room to play and she started acting more like herself (silly).

She doesn't seem to be in any pain, but her face still looks a little bruised.
She's had a bad week. :( She fell on our front porch the other day while Mom was watching the girls. She got a little scrape on the left side of her face the. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be after mom told me the story!

I will be glad to get rid of those booster seats. Actually, I am getting rid of the one she uses - it doesn't fit in our chairs very well. It was the one we had for Josh (which he rarely used). He mostly used it on the floor. Callie will just have to sit in the regular chair until their youth chairs are finished.

While we were taking care of Callie, Phil had put a bowl of tater tots on the table. Well, Emma grabbed one and popped it into her mouth. It was hot!! She chewed on it for a few seconds and then screamed. Phil got it out of her mouth as quickly has he could and then gave her a drink. She seemed okay after that. She still wanted tater tots! :)

Supper time wasn't a very good time last night.

On a funny note, the kids all tasted honey mustard dressing last night. Even Josh liked it. :) Emma would dip her finger in it and put it in her mouth and say, "Mmmm Mmmmm" and then just laugh and laugh. She acted like she was in heaven! I finally showed her how to dip her chicken in it and she liked that, too. Callie wasn't so interested in it. :(

1 Comments:

  • I'm a big Honey Mustard fan!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home