web page hit counter
Butler Family: 2 Month Update

Butler Family

Monday, April 18, 2005

2 Month Update

Callie and Emma are growing big and strong!

Callie now weighs 10 lbs 10 oz!! Yikes! She's almost 23" long. She is no longer on the preemie chart and at 50% on the regular charts! She's my big girl!

Petite little Emma is a whopping 7 lbs 10 oz and 19 1/2" long. She is only around 15-20% on the preemie charts and doesn't even register on the regular charts yet. However, we're so close to that magical 10 lb mark when surgeries can be scheduled. I dread the surgeries so much, but I know the outcome will be so good.

We went to my in-laws this weekend. They took the girls at night and let us sleep! We were getting pretty spoiled. It was back to reality last night. The girls really didn't do too badly! Emma actually slept from 11:30 - 4:00 without so much as a sound. It was Callie that woke up early! We just brought her to bed with us for an hour or so. Both of them went back to their crib after the feeding and slept until 7:00 - we had to get up before then anyway to get ready for the doctor.

Josh had a big time this weekend. We took him to the park (while grandparents kept the girls). We had a picnic, fed the ducks and rented a paddle boat. He wasn't too fond of the boat after 30 minutes. I think the life jacket was really bugging him. Plus, he was ready for a nap! :)

I started work again today. So far, I have done absolutely nothing but read email. I am lucky enough to work at home until school is out. After that, my mom will come up 3 days a week to keep the girls. Phil's parents said they'd come up 1 day a week, too (most weeks). I plan to work 4 days a week - possibly working a half day on Friday's at home. That way, I can keep them 1 full day myself. I hate that I have to go back to work, but the insurance is way too important right now (I carry it on the whole family). They've been so good to work with getting good doctor's for Emma, that I don't dare quit work now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home