web page hit counter
Butler Family: Emma's Doctor Appointment

Butler Family

Friday, September 23, 2005

Emma's Doctor Appointment

Emma had an appointment with the plastic surgeon yesterday. It was horrible!

The dr had to expand her mouth piece and that was a nightmare. Phil and I had to hold Emma down while the doctor did his thing. He had his whole hand in her mouth (well, not really, but it looked like it). He had a hard time getting the screw turned...it sounded horrible. Emma screamed the whole time.

It took about 10 minutes to get her settled down. Poor thing! :( I have never heard a more pitiful cry in my life. After we left, I took the girls downstairs to feed them (actually, Callie had eaten, but Emma hadn't). Phil ran to pick Josh up from school while I was taking care of the girls. A few minutes after Emma ate, she was sound asleep. The whole ordeal just wore her out (and me, too).

We have to go back next month and do the same thing. :(

On the plus side, once we got home, she seemed to be okay. I expect her to be a little sore today. This is kind of like getting braces tightened.

2 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:56 AM  

  • Oh! Poor baby! :( Elizabeth had an expander and I had to crank it every other day. It was torture at age 10! I can't imagine it at Emma's age. :( I hope this ordeal passes quickly for you all.

    By Blogger The Six of Us, At 3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home