web page hit counter
Butler Family: Memorial Day Weekend

Butler Family

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

The weekend started nice...we took the kids to the zoo and they had a blast. While we were there, my mom called to say my aunt had passed away. She had lung cancer and had only found out 3 weeks before. She didn't want to call the family and worry them.

Mom & I went to the funeral in Fredericksburg, VA. We stopped in WVa and picked up my other aunt, so the 3 of us could ride together.

The service was nice...they did a military service at the graveside since she had been in the Navy (flag and taps).

We got home late Tuesday afternoon.

I think Emma missed me the most. :) That night, she didn't want me to leave the room when it was time for bed. I held her for awhile and then put her down. I had to go back upstairs later because she was crying. I rubbed her head and she said, "Can I just sit in your lap?". I held her for awhile longer and then she went to sleep. The next morning, she came running into our bedroom yelling, "There's mommy! There's mommy!!".

I got big hugs from the other 2, but they were okay. As a matter of fact, Josh went over to Mom & Dad's last night to stay for a night or 2. They were going to plant flowers, but it's been a little rainy today.

Wendy's coming in tomorrow for Josh's birthday. It so happens that it's Scott's birthday, too. Josh's birthday isn't for another couple of weeks, but she can't come in then. I think we're going to try to get together Friday night and have a cookout. I just hope Scott can get off of work in time to join us - since it IS his birthday! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home