web page hit counter
Butler Family: Scary Morning

Butler Family

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Scary Morning

We were almost at daycare and Callie had a seizure. She's NEVER done this before. She was cranky this morning (but is quite often in the morning). I heard a noise that I thought was a funny giggle at first, but then it didn't sound right. I looked in the back seat and her face was twitching really bad.

Luckily, I was literally pulling into daycare. By the time I got the girls out of the car, only her mouth was twitching. I took her (and Emma) inside and wanted one of the teachers to look at her. She knew what to do - had her walk across the room, try to squeeze our hand, etc.

She could walk, but you could tell she was a little spacey.

I left Emma and took Callie...called Phil and he said to get to Children's Hospital immediately. After a few seconds, we decided I would just pick him up (Callie was acting better)...he had to call my back dr and cancel my appt this morning.

Her blood tests and CT scan test came back normal (thank goodness). The dr said he has seen this happen in many children and it's a one time thing.

I do have to call my pediatrician and set up an MRI and an EEG (?) for her just to rule out anything the other tests didn't catch...those tests were just for the "biggies".

Please keep her in your prayers. She's acting normal now, but it's taken almost 3 hours to get to that stage. She was very quiet and lethargic up until then.

Needless to say, she took a few years off of my life this morning!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home