web page hit counter
Butler Family: Josh and Scissors

Butler Family

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Josh and Scissors

I went to pick Josh up yesterday and his card was turned to Blue (bad)...
His teacher told me that Josh and his friends got some scissors, hid under the table and cut their hair.

I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry. Luckily, Josh did NOT cut his hair too much - you can't even tell it. His friend did a much better job at cutting his hair. He had a big chunk taken out of it. The boys did admit that they cut their own hair, not each others (thank goodness).
I talked to his main teacher this morning. They do have safety scissors in their art center and the kids are daily reminded of the rules...you ONLY use the scissors at the art center table and only cut paper, etc. They're trying to teach them responsibility since they'll have access to that kind of thing in kindergarten.


I had a hard time getting too made at Josh since the scissors were accessible. We did have a nice long talk about scissor safety, not taking things when he wasn't suppose to and no cutting hair!
He told me that his hair was getting too long and he needed to cut it. :sgrin He had just had a haircut on Saturday! I told him the only person that should be cutting his hair is Miss Claire (the gal that cuts his hair).

1 Comments:

  • I don't think one can complete their journey as a parent without at least one haircutting episode. Hopefully this will be the last for you! ;)

    All three of my girls have done it to some degree, but not Brendan. Hmmmm...and his teacher says he's immature......

    Pam aka PrincessFrek

    By Blogger The Six of Us, At 11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home