web page hit counter
Butler Family: Going to the Doctor

Butler Family

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Going to the Doctor

This is so embarrassing! Last week, I walked across the road with Josh so he could retrieve his ball from the neighbor's yard. I was outside all of 2 minutes and guess what? I got a splinter (from the street, not the grass).

Well, Phil tried and tried to get it out, but it was just to small to get a pair of tweezers around. So, he had the big idea of adding some Aquaphor to it to soften it up. He did that and the little thing just shrunk up inside my foot. I've tried for a week to get it out, but now the skin has grown over it (it's in the side of my heel where the skin is tough anyway).

So, I'm giving up and going to the doctor to try to get it out. I wouldn't bother with it, except that it's beginning to bug me. If I step on it in just the "right" way, it downright hurts!

I have a feeling I'm not going to make a good patient today. I'm such a pain wimp. Never mind that I've had 3 children, I just don't think I'm going to handle them pulling this splinter out of my foot today. I sure hope they'll numb it before messing with it! LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home