web page hit counter
Butler Family: Almost a trip to the ER

Butler Family

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Almost a trip to the ER

Josh and Emma were playing yesterday afternoon. Emma was in a child's rocking chair, while Josh rocked her (not so easy). I told Josh to not rock so hard, so he backed off a little. Well, 2 seconds later, Emma landed on the ground.

Typically, the fall would not been bad - she barely fell.

Well, I picked her up and settled her down. After a couple of minutes, Josh told me there was blood all over my shirt. I looked down and Emma's mouth was bleeding all over the place!

I managed to finally get her cleaned up to see where the source of blood was. I THINK she bit herself when she fell. She bit right through that little flap of skin between your front teeth. Because of her cleft, it looked worse. It was all puffy and almost on the outside of her mouth. We couldn't see how badly it was cut because of the blood.

Phil called the nurse's line and she basically said that if the cut wasn't any bigger than the side of a dime, they wouldn't do anything about it.

So, we just applied pressure until the bleeding stopped and gave her some Tylenol.

Phil said it's still kind of puffy today. We'll keep an eye on it and see if we need to do anything. It's close to where she had surgery, but I don't think it's quite in th same place.

This poor girl needs to quit falling! This is the 2nd time that she and Josh were playing and she got hurt in the mouth area!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home