web page hit counter
Butler Family: First Open House

Butler Family

Friday, August 11, 2006

First Open House

We went to Open House last night. My first question is why on earth did they do Open House for the Primary, Middle & Intermediate schools at the same time - for only an hour!?!?

First of all, the parking lot at Cedar Bluff is torn up because of the construction (there was a parking lot, but it wasn't big enough). There must have been 3000 people there and may 30 parking spots!! Well, there were probably more than that, but you get the idea.

Anyway, Phil had to just finally drop us off while he drove the girls around the parking lot.

Josh and I found his classroom and were waiting in line to talk to his teacher. While we were in line, a mother and her daughter just bebopped to the front of the line and talked to the teacher next - uh...do you understand the concept of a line? Granted, it was kind of an informal line, but it was a line, nonetheless.

We finally got up there to talk to his teacher. She seems really nice...she's older, which I really like. She knows what she's doing! :)

We did find out that our neighbor's little boy is in the same class, so Josh did kind of know someone. :)

I felt really bad for Phil because he couldn't go in and meet her. We're having another kindergarten meeting on August 23 to learn more about the classes and such. Of course, they want it to be parents only, so that means only one of us can go. I think he was kind of disappointed in that - I told him he could go and I'd watch the kids.

After thinking about it, though, I'm going to check and see if he wants to take Josh on his first day. It will be hard for me to let that priviledge go, but it would be a very special time for a boy and his daddy. :)