web page hit counter
Butler Family: Josh is the leader today!

Butler Family

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Josh is the leader today!

Josh has been the leader many times since school has started, so I'm not sure why today is different.

He woke up at 2:30 this morning and came into our room. "Mommy, is it time to get up? I want to make sure I'm not late for my date as the leader". I tried to reassure him that he wasn't going to be late. Around 4:00, he was still awake (as were Phil & I)...he decided to go back to his own room (thank goodness). :)

He tossed and turned for an hour and a half - could not wait for the day to begin!!

He was back up at 6:00 or so..."Is it time to get up yet?". When I told him we'd get up in about 15 minutes, he jumped up and down.

This child could not wait to get to school this morning!!

Phil & I are barely functioning because we're so tired.

I asked Josh why he was so excited about today. He said it was the first time he'd ever been the leader on a Wednesday! :)

4 Comments:

  • Well, if that isn't a great reason to be up half the night, then I don't know what is!

    Hope that it was a great day :)

    Lisasim

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:33 PM  

  • How cute is that?! What does a leader do?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:09 AM  

  • Leslie - the best that I can tell is the leader takes a report to the office each morning (absentee report?), checks the weather, collects lunch money and is the first in line. :) It's a very serious job! :)

    By Blogger TnMomTo3, At 12:27 PM  

  • LOL, it sounds extremely important. I'm glad Josh takes it so seriously. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home