web page hit counter
Butler Family: Conversations

Butler Family

Friday, February 22, 2008

Conversations

Callie: Here you go, Mommy
Me: What is it?
Callie: It's a booger from my nose!
Me: Gee, thanks!

...and she was so proud of herself!!

Emma was rather cranky last night at supper (not unusual). Well, things weren't "perfect" for her. I made chicken noodle soup (which Emma was excited about). I gave her a bowl. She looked in it and started whining about the specks of veggies in it (I took the "boat motor" to the soup to really chop up the veggies). I told her I was not picking specks of carrots out of there. She got mad. Well, then, she wanted her yellow bowl (she had used it earlier for a snack). I said that was okay and dumped her soup in the yellow bowl. Well, that wasn't good enough either. She then decided she wanted my bowl (fairly big bowl - especially for her). Well, I gave it to her and she ate more than half of it. :)

During this time, Phil was trying to talk to Emma to calm her down.

Emma looks at him and says, "Don't talk to me!!" When did my little non-talking girl get so verbal and mean?

Josh looked at Emma and she fussed at him, too! "Go away, Josh!".

Towards the end of the meal, Josh decided he couldn't get his noodles up on his spoon, so he just took on in his fingers and ate it. Emma gave him the what for again!

Emma: Josh! Use your spoon!!! Use your spoon just like Emma is!! (She was happier at this point).

Another Emma conversation:

Phil was laying in bed w/ all of the kids while I was taking a bath.

Emma: Daddy! Get up!!
Phil: No, not yet
Emma: Yes, Ma'am!! Get up! (Okay, do we yes, ma'am her too much?)
Phil: No, not yet
Emma: Yes, Ma'am!!!

She's gotten quite bossy over the last couple of days!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home