web page hit counter
Butler Family: Been awhile...

Butler Family

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Been awhile...

It's been awhile since I've updated!

It's been busy around here! I'm up to my eyeballs in work and haven't had time to "play". :)

Last weekend was a very busy weekend for us. Friday night, we went over to some friends for supper and some playtime. Josh was having a good time until we noticed he was holding his head funny (still a little stiff from the neck injury the week before). Well, when Phil called him over to look at it, he about blew a gasket! I'm not sure if he was embarrassed or what, but he had a major meltdown. We kept trying to tell him he wasn't in trouble, but that we were just worried that he'd hurt his neck again. Well, he didn't buy it and just got worse. At that, we just packed up the van and went back home (play time was over). It was close to time to go home anyway, so he really didn't miss much. We gave him some medicine to help him sleep and to relax his neck again. By Saturday, he was fine again (thank goodness).

Saturday, we went to the zoo with Josh's school class. He was very impatient. He didn't care if we waited on his friends or not before moving on to the next thing. He finally calmed down after a little while. I guess he was too excited and we were going too slow. Mom came with us while Phil stayed at home and worked. The girls had a good time, too, I think. Of course, they were stuck in the stroller all day. Josh and I got brave and rode the camel. Just before we got on, Josh decided he was too scared to do it! I put him on the camel and climbed on behind him. He was fine once we started moving. This kid does NOT like "new" situations at all!

Once we got home, I crashed! We got to the zoo at 9:30 that morning and didn't get home until 3:00. The girls took nice long naps, too.

The owner of Josh's preschool (Kiddie Kottage) was in a bad wreck Friday night. She wound up having her arm amputated. I'm not sure about all of the details, but it sounded like she had her arm propped out the window when she was hit. She seems to be doing as well as can be expected. It's so tragic to think how quickly life can change. Thank goodness she didn't lose her life.

Tonight is Ladies Night Out! I love the 1st Thursday of the month! :) We're going to Kanpai of Tokyo tonight. Phil's really good to keep the kids when I go out. He only mildly whines (and then it's mostly just teasing). :) I know the kids like having some daddy time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home