web page hit counter
Butler Family: What do I do?

Butler Family

Thursday, May 25, 2006

What do I do?

Poor Josh, he seems to have an unusual fear of dogs...I'm not sure why - we've never done anything to encourage this fear.

Our neighbors have a dog (part Weimaraner and part something else). The dog isn't that big (medium sized dog), he's friendly and not aggressive.

Well, lately, the dog has been off of his leash more and more. He usually minds his own business, but occasionally comes into the yard (scaring Josh absolutely to death).

This morning, Josh looked out the window and saw the dog was off of his leash. Josh REFUSED to leave the house unless I carried him. I went outside and the dog was nowhere to be seen at the time (he saw the dog almost an hour earlier running around).

Josh was crying and screaming. I finally got him to the car. Josh spotted the dog asleep in his own yard. He calmed down and just said, "I didn't know he was asleep".

How do I get him over this fear? I think it's good that he's wary of dogs, but he knows this dog. I hate that he's scared to go outside because of him.

Granted, the dog should not be off of his leash if he's outside. I haven't said anything to the neighbors (don't want to even go there), because the dog really hasn't bothered us - other than the time he went into the gargage. I really don't want the dog in our yard - I don't want to clean up his poop. :)

I just wish Josh wasn't so petrified...I mean, it's a true fear (even if it's an over exaggerated one).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home