web page hit counter
Butler Family: Tick!

Butler Family

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Tick!

YUCK YUCK YUCK!!

When I started washing Josh's hair last night, I found a tick on his neck! YUCK!

I called Phil in and told him to get the tweezers...wrong thing to say! Josh started absolutely freaking out! I think he was afraid he had a splinter or something. I kept trying to calm him down telling him it wasn't a splinter and it wasn't going to hurt.

I could tell the tick wasn't very far in - it must have just gotten there...YUCK!

We had to get Josh out of the tub and lay him on the couch because he was kicking and screaming so much. Nothing we did could convince him that it was alright.

We finally got him still and Phil pulled the tick straight out. I believe we got all of it - it looked completely intact. Josh finally stayed still long enough for him to do that and then realized that we were right and that it wasn't going to hurt (except the one time Phil accidentally pulled his hair). :)

Phil burned it and flushed it down the toilet. It was right after that, he realized we should have kept it - just in case Josh got sick! Yikes!

I told them at daycare about it, so hopefully, they'll check the kids when they come in from the playground now. I'm not saying that's where it came from, but it's the most logical place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home