web page hit counter
Butler Family: The weekend and doctor's

Butler Family

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The weekend and doctor's

The weekend started out really nice. The kids and I went to Dixie Stampede with Mom & Dad (Phil stayed home and worked). The kids had a blast. All Callie could talk about was "going to the show". :) She got a little scared when the buffalo came out, but once the horses started coming out, she warmed up to the whole show a little more.

None of the kids ate much because they were too interested in the show. :)

We stayed w/ Mom & Dad Friday night and just played on Saturday. The kids played in the sandbox until Callie threw sand in Josh's face...that put an end to the sandbox. But, the enjoyed getting sprayed off w/ the water hose.

Saturday night, Josh woke up crying. He said his cheek was hurting...then he said his tooth was hurting. I thought he had a toothache (he had complained about it before, but just had something stuck in there). Anyway, I gave him some Motrin to see if that would help. He slept for a bit and then woke up again. Phil slept with him for awhile and then came back to bed. Josh woke up again and then I tried to sleep w/ him for awhile (and another dose of Tylenol). We finally just went downstairs to try to sleep in the recliner - hoping that would help him. It didn't. He finally fell asleep on the couch.

He slept most of Sunday. He did start complaining about his ear hurting. It was late Sunday afternoon before we decided it really was his ear and not his tooth. We gave him some eardrops and that seemed to help. He was able to sleep through the night.

I took him to the dr the next morning and found out both ears were infected. He's taking antibiotics for the next 10 days.

While we were at the dr, I asked about getting another referral to the speech therapist for Emma. When Josh and I were almost home, I got a call saying there had been a cancellation and could we come right now? We did...if we didn't, it would be another month or so before getting in there. Anyway, she recommended Emma for speech therapy. We go for our 1st session in July.

Poor Callie...she felt so neglected during all of this. She got mad at Josh when he wanted to just cuddle up with me on Sunday. She literally tried to push him away from me. She got mad when I picked Josh up to go to the dr yesterday. She got mad when I took Emma to the dr yesterday.

Last night at supper, she said, "I'm sitting with Mama!!" And she did! She would lean over to me every little bit and pat my shoulder and tell me something. :) She's 100% mama's girl (for now).

1 Comments:

  • Wow, you've been busy Kim. Sorry about all the Dr visits. Isn't Callie sweet!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home