web page hit counter
Butler Family: Oh, What a Mess!

Butler Family

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Oh, What a Mess!

I went to check on Josh and Callie (they're in the same room right now) before I went to bed. The room smelled like baby powder! I didn't even know we had any baby powder around. Well, we did and Josh found it.

First of all, I would have expected this out of Callie & Emma, but not Josh. He dumped a whole bottle of baby powder on the floor and his bookshelf! Then, he added some baby lotion! Hello?!! What a mess!

He had enough sense to change his pj's, but he had it all over his sheets and everywhere! It took me awhile to find the source of the problem. I made him get up and I changed his sheets. Then, when I realized it was all over the floor, I decided it wasn't a good thing for them to be breathing baby powder all night. So, I put Callie in the crib with Emma (still in our room until we have another bedroom free). I put Josh in bed with Phil and me.

Josh's excuse?? First of all, he said he couldn't sleep. :) Then, he said his bad ears took over his good listening ears and he forgot that he was making a bad choice...and he forgot to tell us that he did it! I wasn't sure whether to laugh or what.

Anyway, his punishment is no tv and no lights on at night (he likes to lay in bed with the hall light on - just enough for him to play quietly or look at a book)...this will be for at least 2 nights. He did apologize. Then, in his pitiful voice, he asked if he was going to get a spanking. I told him not this time. He was relieved. :)

I'm not sure what he was thinking! So, now I have to go home today and vacuum up all of that baby powder!! What a mess!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home