web page hit counter
Butler Family: Dollywood

Butler Family

Friday, May 20, 2005

Dollywood

We took Josh (and the girls) to Dollywood yesterday. I think we've created a ride monster. We first took him over to the treehouse area while we fed the girls. Josh played in the sandbox and loved that.

After that, we got a quick snack (funnel cake) and headed over to the Country Fair section.

We rode the carousel first and Josh got a little nervous. After I put him on his horse, he started crying a little bit saying he didn't want to ride. Well, I got on my horse and just held his hand. After we got started, he decided it was okay afterall. When the ride was finished, he said he wanted to ride it again with daddy.

He enjoyed the ride a lot more the second time around.

We told Josh he could ride the Flying Elephants since we didn't get to ride them the last time we were there (too busy). I had my doubts about him really liking them since they went up in the air. I rode with him the first time and Josh LOVED it! He rode that thing 7 times. The only time we got off of the ride was when Phil and I changed places.

After the elephants, Josh talked his dad into riding the teacups (there's no way I could ride them - they make me sick). Josh loved being flung all over the place! Phil said he was fine until he looked up and saw the man in the next cup over turning green.

Josh's final hurrah was a ride on the bumblebees. This was a modified flying elephant ride (mostly for younger kids). He didn't seem to enjoy that one as much, but he wanted to ride it at least twice.

Luckily, the park wasn't very busy, so we didn't have to wait in line for anything!

The park closed at 7:00 and we finally convinced Josh to leave at 6:45. :)

We grabbed a quick supper at Bojangles and then headed home. When I got into the van at Bojangles, I caught my finger in the door. I don't even know how it happened. I think the door just closed on it's own. Luckily, it was just a little scrape and bruise - no broken bones. :)

One thing I forgot to mention...we felt like a "freak show" while we there. I can't believe how many people stopped and talked to us about the girls!! If they didn't actually stop us, they made comments when they walked by! LOL Have people never seen twins before? It's kind of funny, but at the same time, it would be nice to be able to walk through the crowd and left alone. I have a feeling the girls are in for years and years of attention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home