web page hit counter
Butler Family: Mother's Day Weekend

Butler Family

Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day Weekend

We had a really nice weekend. We got up early on Saturday and headed to Pigeon Forge for a day at Dollywood. We didn't tell Josh where we were going. When we finally got there and got in the parking lot, he finally said, "This looks like Dollywood!". He was excited.

It wound up being a good day to go. The weather was perfect and it wasn't too crowded until later in the afternoon. We rode a few rides and then Josh wanted to play at the treehouse. We spent over an hour there. He loved it! The girls were able to get out of the stroller and play in a little section they have set up just for the little ones.

Josh wasn't too happy when it was time to leave. He was so tired (like he would admit it). After a late lunch, we drove through Townsend to go home. I think everyone was out of it. Phil had to pull over and let me drive because he was so sleepy (I wasn't doing much better).

Sunday was a nice, quiet day. After church and lunch, we came home and crashed. The kids took late naps, but I took one as soon as we got home. :)

The gifts were nice, too. Josh picked out a couple of necklaces at Kohls (costume jewelry). I also got a really nice cheese grater that I've been wanting. Phil also got a cheese slicer and a potsticker folder (I think this was more for him than me). At any rate, he had fun in Cook's Corner and then we had fun making homemade potstickers last night (Yum).

Oh yeah, Phil also suprised me with some flowers.

All in all, it was a very nice weekend.

I'm not sure what we'll do for Father's Day - my birthday is the same day! LOL :)

1 Comments:

  • Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home