web page hit counter
Butler Family: Nice Long Weekend!

Butler Family

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Nice Long Weekend!

Oh, I just love these long weekends. Why can't every weekend be a long one? :)

I took Josh to get his hair cut Saturday morning (and my eyebrows waxed). :) I stopped by the consignment shop and got to pick up another $37 check...woo hoo! LOL Anyway, glad I stopped by, because I found out they're taking fall clothes right now. I guess I'd better get my rear in gear and get those clothes ready. Oy!

That afternoon, we all packed up and went grocery shopping. Then, we all got treated to some Baskin Robins icecream. Yum! The girls really loved their ice cream, daddy's ice cream, Josh's ice cream and my Bold Breeze. :)

Sunday, Phil took Josh to see Cars. Josh was way too excited! He just couldn't stand it. While they were gone, the girls and I got a glorious 2 hour nap! Wow!! When the guys got back, Josh came in very slowly and solemn. I asked him what was wrong and he said nothing. Uh-oh...I was afraid he had gotten into trouble for something. He didn't...Phil said he was just wiped out! He fell asleep in the van almost immediately. :)

Monday, we took the kids to the Splash Pad for a little while. They all had fun. We had a "real" picnic, as Josh would put it. We spread out a blanket on the ground and ate. Oh - what a pain. Where's a good picnic table when you need one??

Tuesday, Wendy came in from Memphis. After she got there, we left for mom & dad's for a yummy cook out. We left around 7:00, though. Since we had to get up early this morning, we decided not to make it a late night.

The girls fell asleep on the way home (of course). We were able to get them a quick bath before going to bed.

Josh was in bed when the neighbors started shooting off fireworks. Of course, he was "scared" and had to come back downstairs. We let him watch the fireworks out the window for a little while. Luckily, our next door neighbors stopped shooting them off at 9:30.

Wendy, Phil and I watched the Pink Panther movie with Steve Martin last night. It was pretty funny.

It sure was hard to get up for work this morning!!

I'm ready for the weekend again!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home