web page hit counter
Butler Family: A Day at the Park

Butler Family

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

A Day at the Park

You're not going to believe this, but Josh actually talked to another kid yesterday at the playground!!! I was in shock and so proud!

First of all, when we got there, there were tons of kids there. Usually, Josh won't have anything to do with getting on the playground equipment if there are other kids there. It took him awhile, but he did get warmed up and claimed the playground as his own!

Later, after a bunch of the kids left, another family came in. They had a little boy about Josh's age and 2 girls (6 months and 20 months). Well, the little boy immediately took to Josh - asking him his name, etc. Josh literally ran away from the little boy. I just told him he was shy. I caught up with Josh and told him to talk to the little boy and quit running away from him!
After a few minutes, Josh started following the other boy around. Before you knew it, they were actually playing together. :)

Josh got something in his shoe and I was helping him get it out and he said, "Oh, he's going on the slide, I'd better hurry!!". :) A little later, Josh wanted the boy to get on this spaceship thing with him. I told him to go ask him. He said, "No, you go ask him". I just told him that if he wanted him to play with him, then he needed to ask him...He did!!! I was so proud of him! Better yet, the little boy came over and rode the spaceship with Josh. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home